Excited to share a few of my favorite photos from the last wedding we had in 2016. Elizabeth and Dave were married on November 12 at the Historic Train Depot in Salisbury. Working with these two, along with the groom’s sweet mom and the bride’s amazing matron-of-honor, was absolutely a pleasure so it was a little bittersweet when the wedding day came and went! (I think I say that with each one though!)
Hard to believe we’ve reached the final two days of 2016. (Technically, it’s more like the final 36 hours by the time I get this posted…but you get the point, ha.) In the midst of spending some quality time with family over the holidays, I’ve also tried to take a little time to reflect back on this year for Hart & Co. Events. Weddings, a special birthday party, rehearsal dinners, a second annual realtor event, and even some political events mixed in (twas the season, y’all)…all I’ve got to say is…whew!
Excited to share some of my favorite moments and snapshots from Katie and Steven’s October wedding. These two were married at St. Peter’s Catholic Church on a sunny fall day. After their ceremony, the new Mr. & Mrs. celebrated with good food, drinks, and plenty of dancing at the Mint Museum Uptown.
And just like that, the fall wedding season is all said and done for Hart & Co. Events. Feels like just yesterday I was kicking off the busy fall with Amy Sue and Aaron. (You can check out some of my favorites from their September 10th wedding here.) This past weekend, Elizabeth and Dave’s fun wedding at the Historic Train Depot in Salisbury marked my last for year.
Well hello there, September!
Coming off a bit slower July and August, September marks the start to a busy season for Hart & Co. While not officially fall (no need to wave goodbye to summer just yet, you guys!), thought I’d take a sec to share a peek at what’s ahead here in the coming months…
- Our fall wedding season kicks off next weekend. To keep up with the action, be sure to follow along via Insta (will admit, still trying to figure out the whole stories thing) and Snapchat (not sure that I have it figured out but I try! Username…hartandcoevents). And of course, you can always find us on Facebook and Twitter, too.
- Exact timing is still pending, but a shoot I did with Sarah Pascutti over the summer is going to be featured this month on a popular wedding and lifestyle blog. Beyond thankful for the opportunity and really excited to finally be able to share the photos! So, stay tuned!
- I’ll log a few miles with a (non-wedding) client. While my primary focus with Hart & Co. is weddings, I welcome the change of pace and experience this particular client brings. I try not to pack my schedule too tight, as I’m a big believer in quality over quantity. So, with the travel and the weddings I have on tap, safe to say I’m booked till December!
- Speaking of booked…we’ve already booked some spring 2017 weddings. Excited to dive into planning with these couples over the fall!
- And not Hart & Co. related – can’t be all work and no play! – looking forward to some family time that we have on the calendar. We’ll head to Tennessee in October for a family wedding and I’m already looking forward to some quality time in Texas over Thanksgiving (mmmm, turkey).
Excited at what’s ahead! What about you?
Well hello, June.
I had every intention of getting this post up the first of June. Now here we are, 13 days in. Pretty sure I’ve said this at the start of each month so far this year, but where did the last month go? May was a blur. A good blur, but a blur none the less.
Every week I have on a written list or on the to-do list that I have running through my head…get several blog posts written so I can be better about posting more regularly. But seems like every week other things become a priority and the blog falls off the list(s)! I’ll be honest, there are days where I get a little anxious about it…like I’m not doing something good enough to juggle this aspect of the business. I try hard not to compare myself to other small business owners who get regular posts up. But some days, it’s easier than others.
The School of Styling is headed to Chapel Hill this fall and their early bird registration ends today. So I thought why not share a little bit about my experience with the workshop…you know, it’s only been since 2014 and last summer since I attended. Better late than never, right?!
Not sure about you, but I can’t believe it’s already May! (Feel like I said that last month, too. And in March…I’m seeing a pattern here.) One of my goals before we hit the summer months is to get better about blogging, or at least come up with a better schedule than
erratic sporadic once a month posts. Definitely have some fun updates to share along with details about what I’ve been up to and have planned.
In the meantime though, pulling another one out of the archives to share with you today…a little something bright and bold, perfect for a Cinco de Mayo or anytime de Mayo wedding or fiesta! Ole!
Not sure where March went, y’all?!? In like a lion, out like a lamb…isn’t that how the saying goes?
Anywho…just in the nick of time, excited to share this month’s fellow creative + business owner feature. I stumbled upon Estudio RoJo thanks to good ol’ Instagram sometime last year. Fast forward to the beginning of this year when owner Jasmin Black reached out wanting to send me some samples of her work. (Um, yes please!) And thanks to those samples, our IRL relationship began.
I had the pleasure of working with Jasmin a couple of weeks ago as she was a big part of a styled shoot Sarah Pascutti and I did at Loray Mill. (Can’t wait to share more about that later!) Not only is her work truly beautiful and awesome, the gal behind it all is as well…and passionate, kind, and darn interesting.
Things have been hoppin’ over here at Hart & Co. HQ! I haven’t blogged much
since last month lately…and that’s why I call it the sometimes blog! And I haven’t put together any design or color inspiration boards just fun here lately either. So figured today would be a good day to dust off the blog by pulling some color inspiration out of the archives…one that’s fitting for today.